independent financial advisor. We will provide details of products available from the lenders we work with, but no advice or recommendation will be made. You must decide whether the finance product is right for you. We do not charge you a fee for our services. Whichever lender we introduce you to, we will typically receive commission from them (either a fixed fee or a fixed percentage of the amount you borrow). The lenders we work with could pay commission at different rates. However, the amount of commission we receive from a lender does not have an effect on the amount you pay to that lender under your credit agreement.”
We offer products from Auto Protect Administration for our Dealer Backed Customer Protect Warranty.
We can introduce you to carefully selected lenders, including but not limited to,Motonovo Finance Ltd, Blue Motor Finance, First Response, Mallard Finance, Car Finance 247,Evolution Finance and Connected Car Finance, we will typically receive commission from them (either a fixed fee or a fixed percentage of the amount you borrow) We offer hire purchase (HP) and personal contact purchase (PCP) to fund car buying. We may also introduce you to a sub-prime finance broker, who can provide specialist assistance if you have experienced bad credit previously we will typically receive commission from them (either a fixed fee or a fixed percentage of the amount you borrow)
To help maintain social distancing and to help keep our customers and staff safe, we must ask that you please respect others personal space and avoid close contact.
We are not an Independent Financial Advisor and are unable to provide independent financial advice.
Joseph Sutton Motor Company Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Register number is 751604
You can check this on the FCA's Register by visiting the FCA's website www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768 or 0300 500 8082.
For insurance purposes, to take a car for a test drive, you must be at least 21 years old. We will drive the vehicle for you if you are under 21 years of age or you can have a friend or relative drive for you. We will also need to take a copy of your driving licence.
We do not charge administration fees and we will provide you with the following:
• Experian Vehicle check / Motor Check
• Full Valet
• Pre-delivery inspection
• New MOT to be carried out by an independent business who are independent of and impartial to Joseph Sutton Motor Company Ltd
• Minimum of 6 months Dealer Backed Customer Protect Warranty.
If you take advantage of our delivery service your are covered by the Distance Sale regulations. This is only for cars that have been sold to the public not the trade online or over the phone and delivered to you without you coming to us to view the vehicle.
You have the right to cancel a distance sale contract within 14 days without giving any particular reason.
The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you, or a third party on your behalf, collect or take delivery of your vehicle.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement sent by post or email to our address. If required, you can request a template cancellation notice form from us but it is not obligatory to use this specific template.
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your clear statement or form confirming your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you payments received from you, including the cost of delivering the goods to you (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose delivery over collection or a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). This reimbursement is subject to the following conditions:
• We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. Anything over and above a standard test drive will be considered unnecessary handling and will lead to a deduction of £1 for each mile driven over 20 miles. In addition, we will also be entitled to make a deduction for any damage or excess wear.
• We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you the vehicle and all documents which were supplied including, but not limited to, service histories and the V5 documentation.
• We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. This may include handing back any part exchange vehicle if still available and/or seeking payment from you to cover any negative equity.
• We will withhold the reimbursement until we have received the goods and all paperwork back in good order.
• It is your responsibility to return the vehicle without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation of this contract to us.
• You will remain liable for the vehicle and so for its tax, insurance, and any fines, charges or penalties until it has been accepted back to our premises.
• You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods and take full responsibility for the safe return of the vehicle.
• You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than which is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods according to the previous reference to test drives.
Please read though the following terms and conditions to make yourself aware of what we require you to do in the unlikely event that you have may have problems with your vehicle after the original purchase.
All cars that are sold to the public, not to trade, will be supplied with a Minimum of 6-month Dealer Backed Customer Protect Warranty.
We advise you to upgrade this policy to a high-quality Dealer Backed Customer Protect Warranty, as this will cover most unforeseen issues that might arise after purchase.
If you have an issue with your vehicle your first port of call with any mechanical/electrical faults will be to the warranty company who advise you how you can get the vehicle inspected/repaired locally to you. Please do not have any works done prior to contacting the warranty company.
If you wish not to upgrade your policy and you suffer a mechanical/electrical breakdown that is not covered by your 6-month Dealer Backed Customer Protect Warranty. then your options are greatly reduced. As with all retail purchases you are covered by the “Sale of Goods Act”. However, this basically states that the vehicle/product must be of “merchantable quality” at the point of sale. Any faults that arise after purchase that can be proved not to have been there at the point of sale will not be covered by us. Therefore, Dealer Backed Customer Protect Warranty's are there to cover these eventualities for your benefit.
We do not have a collection/ delivery service available for breakdown or recovery. We would advise all our customers to subscribe to a recovery company that can provide this service. We can offer 12 months free basic breakdown cover through the AA please ask for more details on how to register or this.
Great service, saw car advertised through Autotrader site, so emailed about car. Got email text and call and arranged viewing. Car was in great condit... Read More
Friendly and efficient service. Shane was very pleasant to deal with and carried out the agreed jobs on the car after purchase and before pickup.... Read More
A very good customer service was given ,explains all about finance ,warranty and the car . Staff there gave my partner and friend who came with me a c... Read More
Very polite and down to earth answered any questions, a great coffee, I felt very welcomed and Joe is a great guy sorted everything out before the sal... Read More
A week ago I purchased a beautiful little car from this company (Fiat 500) and I am delighted with both the car which is in showroom condition (like n... Read More
Very satisfied with the low mileage 2006 Nissan Micra in excellent condition which I bought from Joe last week. The price was fair and exactly in line... Read More
Excellent service they helped me finance my first car and it was a very smooth process. Would highly recommend for anyone.... Read More
We walked in off the street and they were very accommodating and felt very safe,with what they have in place with COVID-19. I’ve been very happy wit... Read More
I recently sold my car to Joseph Sutton Motor Company and found the process from start to finish a total pleasure. I spoke with Joe Sutton (MD) and ag... Read More